Sign in or
Restoring the Database
Restoring the Database
- Before restoring the AVData database from the backup file the AirVision service under Services must be stopped. Once the service has stopped the restoring process can be done.
- Open SQL Server Management Studio and connect to the SQL episode installed on that pc. Click the plus sign to expand Databases. Right click on the AVData database and select Tasks then Restore. This will open a screen titled Restore Database – AVData. Under the Select a page section on the left side of the screen select General.
- Under Destination for restore on the right side of the screen the To database field should be defaulted to AVData. The To a point in time field should be grayed out, but defaulted to Most recent possible. Both of these fields need to remain using their default settings.
- Under the Source for restore section on the right side of the screen the From database field should be grayed out because it is not selected, but defaulted to AVData. This field needs to remain using its default setting. The From device field is selected but grayed out with a blank field. Click the ellipses button at the right end of the field to open the Specify Backup window.
- The Backup media field should say File. The Backup location should be blank. Click the Add button to bring up the Locate Backup File window.
- Open the location where the backup file is stored. Select the .bak file so that it is highlighted and the file name appears in the File name field at the bottom of the window and click the OK button to select the file.
- This will put the path to the backup file in the Backup location field on the Specify Backup screen. Click the OK button to return back to the Restore Database – AVData screen.
- The Select the backup sets to restore field now has two backup entries listed. Under the Restore column both entries need to be checked.
- Under the Select a page section on the left side of the screen select Options. Under Restore options on the right side of the screen, check the first option to Overwrite the existing database. Under Restore the database files as will have the AVData and the AVData_log entries listed. Under Recovery state select the first option to RESTORE WITH RECOVERY. Click the OK button to begin the restoring process. On the bottom left the Progress section will show Executing with the percentage.
- Once the restore is finished it will give a message stating “The restore of database “AVData’ completed successfully. Click Ok and the window will close. Close the SQL Server Management Studio.
- Once the restore has completed and the SQL Server Management Studio has been closed, the AirVision service under Services will need to be started again.
Latest page update: made by sdrevik
, Apr 13 2010, 2:27 PM EDT
(about this update
About This Update
Edited by sdrevik
- complete history)
Keyword tags: None
More Info: links to this page