Sign in or
Backing up the Database
Backing Up the Database
- Create a folder on the root drive called AirVision Database Backup.
- Open SQL Server Management Studio and connect to the SQL episode installed on that pc. Click the plus sign to expand Databases. Right click on the AVData database and select Tasks then Back Up. This will open a screen titled Back Up Database – AVData. Under the Select a page section on the left side of the screen select General.
- Under Source on the right side of the screen the Database field should be defaulted to AVData. The Recovery model field should be grayed out, but defaulted to FULL. The Backup type field should be defaulted to full. All three of these fields need to remain using their default settings.
- Under the Backup set section on the right side of the screen the Name field defaults to AVData-Full Database Backup. The Description field is not required to be filled in. The Backup set will expire field should be defaulted to After and the field for days defaulted to zero. All three of these fields need to remain using their default settings.
- Under the Destination section the Back up to field defaults to Disk and needs to remain using the default setting. Click the Remove button to remove the defaulted path that is listed in the white area. Click the Add button to bring up a Select Backup Destination window.
- Destinations on disk field defaults to File name and needs to remain with the File name setting selected. Click the ellipses button at the right end of the File Name field to bring up a Locate Database Files – (computer name) window.
- Under the Select the file section scroll to the top and find the C:\ drive and click the plus sign to expand it. Find the folder AirVision Database Backup that you created and double click it. This will put the name of the folder in the Selected Path field at the bottom in the gray area, and the field will be grayed out. The Files of type field defaults to Backup Files(*.bak,; *.trn) and needs to remain using the default setting. The File name field will need to be filled in with the file name of AirVision Database Backup and the current days date with .bak as the extension. For example the file name would look like AirVision Database Backup 1_1_10.bak. Always use underscores to separate the date, never use slashes or dashes as SQL will not accept them. After entering in the file name click OK and this will bring you back to the Select Backup Destination window where the File name field now shows the path and file name that was just set up. Click Ok to accept this file name.
- Each time a backup runs the date of the current day should be added to the end of the AirVision Database Backup file name so each backup remains unique, and this will allow you to keep each backup separate so that no backup will be copied over any time a backup runs.
- Click the OK button on the Back Up Database screen, on the bottom left the Progress section will show Executing with the percentage.
- Once the backup is finished it will give a message stating “The backup of database ‘AVData’ completed successfully”. Click Ok and the window will close. Close the SQL Server Management Studio.
Latest page update: made by sdrevik
, May 20 2010, 12:44 PM EDT
(about this update
About This Update
Edited by sdrevik
50 words deleted
- complete history)
Keyword tags: None
More Info: links to this page